Friday, July 3, 2009

My Misadventures with Prepaid Mobile Broadband

I'm back home at New Farm after the last week at Chelmer catsitting. They only have dial up there so I thought I'd have a go at prepaid Broadband. I went with Three. What a disaster! Prepaid Mobile Dial-up is a more accurate way of describing it. I made so many calls to their call centre, presumably in India [1] before I was able to get some sort of service happening. Prior to that I was using my friends' dial up. And I can say that the dial up was many times faster than the so-called broadband and had the added advantage of staying connected. When I could finally make a connection, Three would keep dropping out. So there was no way I could have blogged at all - even my gmail would only work on basic html and then only sluggishly.

So much for blogging from the Bible and Critical Theory Seminar next weekend.

[1] I have no complaints about the service I received from the workers. They bent over backwards and did their best, and never lost it even though I'm sure I must have been rather adamant at times. I hope they are getting decent wages and conditions too, something not always the case when the big multi-nationals are concerned.

1 comment:

  1. Why should anyone care about this fake Ark of the Covenant when a much more important holy relic has already been discovered in Stephan Huller's book, the Real Messiah:

    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Messiah-Throne-Origins-Christianity/dp/1906787123/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246539906&sr=8-1

    Huller went to Venice and proved that the Throne of St. Mark in the Basilica San Marco dates to the beginning of Christianity. His book proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christianity started in Egypt and derives its teachings from the worship of Isis, Osiris and the pagan gods of Egypt.

    This is a real historical object, i.e. it is not a fake. You can see it with your own two eyes the next time you go to Italy. It is also being made into a TV documentary for a US Cable network.

    Again, why waste your time with this 'Ark of the Covenant' nonsense when it is completely fake.

    The book costs about $18 but you can get it sometimes for less than that. Maybe if you are still sitting on the fence check out his blog instead at wwww.stephanhuller.blogspot.com.

    It's really cool.

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete